JOB PURPOSE: The Director of Operations is responsible for leading and managing the operations team responsible for inventory, assembly, user testing, staging, installation, maintenance, and customer support initiatives. The Director oversees the team focusing on inventory readiness, issue prevention, rapid response, value added support, quality execution and continuous improvement.
• Lead, manage, coach and develop the team including all HR functions for members of the team
• Build and retain a world-class customer support team and a strong, positive customer service culture being a tenacious champion of “the customer comes first.”
• Develop and execute an operations strategy in alignment with business objectives to ensure on-time delivery and collaboration with stakeholders.
• Provide hands-on, technical direction for all processes and procedures – evaluating options, making decisions, and evaluating results to ensure customer value
• Find and negotiate with service partners in new territories including costs and SLAs
• Develop operations processes, testing requirements and implementation best practices based on typical scenarios
• Provide all post install customer support:
o Documentation and Training
o Coverage, on call schedules, and on call procedures
o Dispatch processes and schedules
o Follow up and customer communication (coordinated with sales and customer success)
o Trouble Ticket Tracking, pattern development, anomaly detection
• Provide end-to-end project management for each customer deployment beginning with presales support (site surveys), continuing through installation, and turning over into lifecycle management.
• Lead the operations finance functions including budget development, service pricing, costing, partner service models, estimating, etc.
• Partner and collaborate with product management, engineering, analytics and other stakeholders to drive customer service support practices and ongoing improvements
• Deliver on-schedule based on prioritization and collaboration with other stakeholders
• Lead efforts to provide warranty and operation information for instruction manuals, warranties, limits of liability, safety protections
• Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position including experience outsourcing operations functions
• In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
• BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
• Valid driver’s license and accessible to reliable transportation
• Ability to lift heavy equipment
• Dexterity skills (able to use drill, screwdriver, etc)
• Rapid scaling and international experience a plus
• IT experience a plus