JOB PURPOSE: The Safety Health and Environmental Director leads EHS efforts and develops and deploys strategies to achieve year over year performance improvements in key company EHS process areas and objectives.
• Establish and deploy strategic action plans to achieve key EHS objectives and sustainability targets
• Direct fatality prevention efforts and measure progress.
• Partner with and coach location leaders/managers to assist in the execution of their plan
• Provide strategic direction and tactical guidance to functional plant EHS Leads. Partner with location managers to ensure the development of EHS talent and succession planning process
• Identify best practices and facilitate the exchange of those best practices across all locations on a global basis
• Coordinate an internal EHS assessment process
• Actively lead and participate on the EHS calls
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and or Safety related field or one of the Life Sciences
• 10+ years of progressive EHS experience in leadership roles including EHS leadership of manufacturing location
• Prior leadership experience and experience driving EHS performance across a global landscape
• 5-10 years’ experience as a EHS Director