JOB PURPOSE: The Mid-Atlantic Sales Manager will serve as an experienced engineer, client manager, project manager, and business developer who has a market specific client portfolio. The Market Leader manages their portfolio from initial client contact, through execution of project work, and development of future client opportunities. The Market Leader is responsible for defining proposed project goals, making contractual agreements between client and the firm, on boarding new clients, and maintaining existing client relationships. The Market Leader provides lead development, lead management, pre-proposal contacts, proposal preparation and presentations, client management, client maintenance and marketing and business development leadership within target market.
Roughly 50% of this role will be billable client and project level work and 50% business development and management of market based global activities.
• Responsible for all management and project services submitted to their clients.
• Responsible for market business development goals (sales, proposals, etc.) and efforts to achieve goals.
• Responsible for proposals, contractual agreements, and understanding of client and project requirements.
• Leads project managers to develop execution strategies and provides guidance and support for effective client relationships.
• Ensures client service excellence from original authorization through studies and reports, design, construction and post-construction. Meets all client requirements and quality standards of the firm.
• Ensures effective and professional service delivery with the highest levels of ethics and professionalism.
• Schedules meetings of such frequency as required for periodic checks to ensure client requirements are met, to resolve problems or differences of opinion, and to develop client business.
• Works closely with the project managers to create and maintain a highly functional partnership resulting in practical and executable project and client management strategies.
• Reviews invoices before distribution to clients and assists in collection of past-due accounts receivable.
• Oversees and mentors project managers to ensure proper coordination and monitoring of client service, along with the Client Service Group leadership, participates in selection and development of personnel within market team(s), and evaluates personnel within team.
• Contributes ideas and recommends improvements during leadership meetings, strategic planning, and business development meetings.
• 5+ years sales and business development experience with the MEP industry
• 10+ years general understanding of building MEP/FP systems, including plumbing, fire protection, heating, ventilating, air conditioning
• PE license
• 5+ years Project Management/Management experience
• Experience selling healthcare facilities is a huge plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Institutional engineering and design experience (Market based as applicable)
• Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices relating to design, construction and codes.
• Must understand CAD/BIM operations.