JOB PURPOSE: The Oracle Web Center Developer is responsible for designing, building, modifying, testing, maintaining, and supporting of Oracle Web Content Center 11g/12c web sites and web applications using Oracle Web Portal, Content, Sites, Imaging, and Capture. The Developer will provide support to existing SharePoint/.Net web sites and applications in a backup role as required.
• Requirements, Analysis, & Design: Gather and Analyze user requirements based on technical needs. Determine tool sets, and design components of the web sites and applications.
• Technical Development: Develop, Program well designed web portals, web applications using standard designs and development methodologies. Create website layout/user interfaces. Integrate applications from various back-end services and databases. Use source code version control systems to maintain configurations.
• Testing & Deployment: Create unit, system integration, production deployment scripts, and conduct tests. Deploy code to production by following change management procedures.
• Upgrades & Patching: Support software upgrade projects and patching tasks by testing and making required code adjustments.
• Performance Tuning: Perform ongoing performance tuning and system resource optimization related to the applications developed.
• Monitoring & Maintenance: Respond to standardize alerts, perform analysis, monitor and identify any issues. Support in maintaining overall system health to maximize system uptime, and ensure delivery of service level objectives.
• Support: Work on customer support tickets and requests. Provide on-call support, assist project, development, security, and operations teams as required.
• Trouble Shooting: Troubleshoot development and production problems. Work with Development, DBA, Server, and Network administrators to resolve application problems. Provide support for restoration of service and perform root cause analysis.
• Documentation: Develop documentation for assigned projects including design, testing, installation, and troubleshooting guides as applicable.
• Best Practices: Keep abreast with the latest developments in the industry and guide project teams to industry best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience working with Oracle Web Center 11g/12c Portal, Content, Sites, Imaging, and Capture.
• Experience with REST API for integration and role based application development.
• Mobile layouts and design: Designing sites for multiple device types and optimizing site based on form factor is a plus.
• Experience with Responsive design patterns and constructs for creating optimized user experience, creating search capabilities is a plus.
• Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
• Experience in scripting skills such as, but not limited to, Linux shell/Perl/python, Database SQL/PLSQL and WLST.
• Knowledge of enterprise deployment strategies, high availability, and clustering.