JOB PURPOSE: The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the development and execution of campaigns that drive lead acquisition, acquire new customers, build new customer engagement, and grow revenue. The Manager will build demand generation programs from the ground up.
• Own the development of comprehensive multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive new customer acquisition in market segments including elementary, middle, high, private, public libraries and extend into adjacent target audiences (admins, resource teachers, classroom teachers, etc.)
• Craft annual marketing plan, ancillary plans and materials that enable a cohesive cross-channel strategy. Recommend optimizations to improve campaign performance across channels, including A/B testing, creative, landing pages, changes to spend allocation, etc.
• Accelerate growth in key geographies and partial penetration districts through account-based marketing and devise an approach with communication touch points that move the customer through the buyer funnel
• Spearhead research to understand buyer preferences and purchasing patterns and leverage relationships in neighboring districts to create opportunities to expand into adjacent markets
• Produce compelling, strategic and insightful marketing content that clearly communicates program concepts, value, benefits and builds customer relationships (including blogs, white papers, newsletters, video scripts, advertising and promotional materials).
• Prepare analysis of under-performing categories to discern trends, challenges and opportunities. Develop agile mitigation strategies and campaign plans that leverage performance results. Develop campaign budget model which includes costs, promotional media, revenue maximization and value optimization. Track and report on competitive marketing and product positioning.
• Serve as internal expert on key trends and customer activity that impacts customer acquisition. Partner with sales and marketing counterparts to share learnings and gain insights. Develop training materials and provide training to staff or customers as needed.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in publishing or SaaS (subscription based) marketing
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with Marketing Automation Platforms (Act-on, Marketo, Hubspot)
• Experience with CRM systems (Microsoft Dynamics, SFDC) and reporting analytics
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in B2B demand generation or campaign marketing, email marketing or field marketing with demonstrated lead, pipeline and revenue growth
• Experience leveraging email, video, webinars, ebooks, whitepapers, blogs, social media and press as strategic channels to promote campaign programs and events
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing is preferred